How do I apply to be an IOEE Enterprise Academy?
The process of becoming an Enterprise Academy can be found here:
Our support team is available to answer any questions and can be contacted at: [email protected]
What is the IOEE Enterprise Academy Approval Fee?
The approval fee is £2,000 for 3 years approval.
What is the IOEE Enterprise Academy Re-approval Fee?
The re-approval fee is £1,000 for a further 3 years.
What is included in the IOEE Enterprise Academy Approval Fee?
The approval fee for the IOEE Enterprise Academy includes approval for one of the following combinations of products:
• IOEE will provide recognition for 5 programmes
• 5 IOEE or Sfedi qualifications
• A combination of 5 recognised programmes and/or qualifications
• Expert advice from an IOEE Enterprise Development Expert and Quality Manager
• Access to IOEE online learner registration system
• Registration system training
• Welcome Pack and Centre Approval Certificate
What are the benefits of becoming an Enterprise Academy?
As an approved academy, you will have access to the following benefits:
• Promotion and recognition by IOEE and its partners
• Gaining an added benefit to the recruitment of high quality students and learners
• Being able to demonstrate to your customers that you are offering a quality leaning experience underpinned by professional standards
• Having access to best practice research and standards covering enterprise and enterprise support
• Being part of a professional enterprise and entrepreneurial community of delivery partners
What Membership Options are available to Students and Learners?
The IOEE is the only professional institute that recognises entrepreneurship and enterprise as a career choice in the same way as other professions are recognised. Any learner registered on an IOEE Academy learning programme will automatically receive one year’s free studying membership of the IOEE. FE and HE students can also gain membership to allow them to access networks and other enterprising events. The fee for this is £25.00 per year.
Details of all levels of membership can be found by visiting http://ioee.uk/membership/types-of-membership/
How do apply to be an IOEE Academy?
Once you have considered the approval criteria, you may wish to speak to us to gain more information about the application process, please contact: [email protected]
How do I complete the application form?
When completing your application form, please read each criteria and think how your organisation has met this. You may want to think about the following:
• List the evidence you are presenting, identifying if you are attaching to the application or making it available on site.
• Think about the documents that you can provide to help us see how you have met the criteria. Remember the more you can send to us with your application the less likely we will need to conduct an onsite visit.
• Give each document a title if it does not already have one.
• Write a number on each document.
• Write a number and title on each document in the corresponding columns in the application form. It is highly likely that one document will support your claims against more than one criteria.
For further information please look at the Academy Guidance Document
What is the Assessment Process?
Your assessor will carry out a desktop evaluation of your application. During the desktop evaluation they will:
• Evaluate your statements and make judgements about whether they meet each criteria.
• Decide whether the supporting documents you have provided adequately support your statements.
• Decide which areas they wish to explore further during their telephone discussion/or site visit.
• Decide which people, staff and clients they would like to consult.
How do I interpret the criteria and suggested evidence?
IOEE Enterprise Academies are resourced to offer programmes of enterprise learning and development and evidence can include:
• Staff CVs.
• Job Descriptions.
• Examples of existing delivery materials/resources.
• Sample marketing materials.
• Web site.
• Systems/process and supporting documentation around recording learners information and their progress.
• System review processes.
• Policies around equal opportunities and access to assessment.
• How staff will be trained and supported in delivery.
• How communication with IOEE will be maintained.
• Internal quality assurance process.
• Process/policy on how appeals will be managed.
• Market information.
• Leaning and assessment resource material including programme information, trainer and learner resources.
For further information, please look at the guidance document or email [email protected] a member of our team will be happy to help you.
What are the timescales for IOEE Enterprise Academy approval?
The amount of time it takes is up to you. Most centres find that it takes about one month from completing the application to achieving recognition as an IOEE Enterprise Academy.
During this month they spent approximately one day completing their application and half a day for the assessor’s assessment either by telephone or on site.
Please note: These figures do depend on how much development your centre needs before it meets the IOEE Enterprise Academy criteria.
What is the Quality Assurance process in relation to being a IOEE Enterprise Academy?
IOEE Enterprise Academies have robust systems and processes to ensure the highest level of quality assurance. We will look at potential Enterprise Academies internal quality systems and process in line with the centre criteria as set out in the application and guidance document
What is the criteria for IOEE to accredited my own programmes?
The Enterprise Academy guidance document outlines the criteria to accredit your own programmes. If you have any further questions or need support, please contact customer services: [email protected]
How do I gain Re-Approval?
During the time following your assessment, you will work towards the development plan- as agreed with your assessor. This will form a substantial part of your reassessment.
When does Reassessment happen?
Reassessment will happen
• A: What progress you have made against your development plan.
• Any changes to direction, staff or products and services.
• How you continue to meet IOEE Enterprise Academy criteria.
Your assessor will visit your centre (if required) to make sure that you continue to meet the Enterprise Academy criteria.
What if I fail Reassessment?
If your assessor feels that you do not continue to meet all the criteria in full, they will complete an action plan:
• Clearly identify any actions to be carried out prior to centre re-approval.
• Include timescales for achievement.
• Gives specific examples to help you meet your action plan.
At an agreed date, your assessor will review how you have met the action plan. They may do this remotely, by telephone or email, or they may visit you on site.
If unsuccessful can I reapply to become an IOEE Enterprise Academy?
It will be possible for you to reapply to become an IOEE Enterprise Academy upon agreement of an individual fee. This fee will be calculated by evaluating the amount of further input required to successfully assess you as an IOEE Enterprise Academy.
What is an IOEE Enterprise Academy?
This accreditation is for organisations who wish to offer IOEE recognised enterprise learning and development programmes which have either been developed by the organisation themselves or made available through IOEE. IOEE has also created a powerful partnership with SFEDI Awards meaning that professional qualifications can carry the badge of quality through the addition of Ofqual recognition. This will enable our academies to deliver learning programmes which are assessed and recognised in the way most relevant to the centre and learner.
What is meant by the Registration Activity Requirements?
This refers to the minimum registration activity, we would expect to see over a 12 month period, which would have been agreed during the approval or reapprove process. Failure to do this will result in Academy status being suspended.
Your Account Executive will be able to offer further advice and support.